Eric Auld - The Artist
His inspiration stemmed from the enjoyment of portraying the rocks of coast or hill, the contrasts of sea, river and loch along with the infinite variations of North East weather.
The city with its many virtues had been a fascination for the artist. The architecture, the institutions and industry have all been depicted in his many compositions.
The valleys of Dee and Don have also provided many favourite images especially those notable hills, Lochnagar and Bennachie.
Only a few of the originals, those that have the key features of interest, were considered for the Limited Edition Prints Series.
- Educated at Robert Gordon's College
- Studied at Gray's School of Art
- Post Diploma Award, Gold Medal and Travelling Scholarship
- Scottish Arts Council Award
- ABBO Group Exhibitions
- Over 40 one-man exhibitions
- Professional member of the Aberdeen Artists Society
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
- Burgess of the Guild of the City of Aberdeen
- Original work in public and private collections throughout the world
Original oil paintings are exhibited at venues around Aberdeen. For enquiries, contact email@example.com.
Eric's grandson Stirling is now selling original artworks and taking portrait commissions on his site, Ike Inc - click to view www.ikeinc.co.uk